Welcome to the website of the Northern California Chapter of the Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS).
We hope this website promotes the documentation, preservation, and enjoyment of historic landscapes in California.
If you are seriously interested in historic landscapes, please join us and get involved.
- Read the agenda of the 2016 Q3 Conference Call of the ASLA HP-PPN HALS Subcomittee
and our Chapter's Annual Report to the ASLA Northern California Chapter.
- ASLA awarded a Merit Award in Historic Preservation to the HALS documentation of Doyle Drive.
- ASLA is featuring the HALS documentation of the Sunset Headquarters Garden, which won the 2015 HALS Challenge.
Janet Gracyk wrote the article, and Gordon Osmundson and Chris Pattillo provided photos.
- Friday, September 17, 2016 10:30AM-noon, Berkeley
TCLF - Free Halprin-Series Tour -- Greenwood Common
- Saturday, September 18, 2016 10AM-11:30AM, Sacramento
TCLF - Free Halprin-Series Tour -- Capitol Towers Apartments
- Friday-Sunday, September 23-25, 2016, Chico
CGLHS - Conference
- Thursday, September 29, 2016, Garden Grove
CPF - Preservation Design Awards
- Sunday, November 6, 2016, San Marino
CGLHS - Free Lecture on Bashford and Barlow
ABOUT US |
© HALS Northern California Chapter 2013