Welcome to the website of the Northern California Chapter of the Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS).
We hope this website promotes the documentation, preservation, and enjoyment of historic landscapes in California.
If you are seriously interested in historic landscapes, please join us and get involved.
- Friday, March 7, 5-7pm, 315 Wheeler Hall, UC Berkeley
Gray Brechin will give a lecture called "Ruin in Progress" about the two Hearst Plans for the campus.
- Thursday, March 20, 9am-4pm, Wong Hall, USC
California Preservation Foundation - Cultural Landscape Workshop
- Thursday-Friday, March 27-28, Stanford
NAOP - Symposium on the Work of F. L. Olmsted, Jr.
- Friday, April 11, 11:15AM-12:15, Austin
SAH Landscape History Chapter - General Meeting
- Tuesday-Friday, April 22-25, Asilomar, Pacific Grove
California Preservation Foundation - Annual Conference
- Wednesday-Thursday, April 30-May 1, San Francisco
National Preservation Institute - Landscape Preservation: An Introduction
- Friday, May 2, San Francisco
National Preservation Institute - Landscape Preservation: Advanced Tools for Managing Change
- Tuesday, May 13, 4-6PM, Petaluma
HALS Northern California Chapter - Free Quarterly Meeting
- Thursday, May 15, 6:30-8PM, San Francisco
UC Berkeley Extension - Free Information Session
Cultural Landscape Preservation and Management
- Wednesday-Saturday, May 21-24, Saint Paul
Alliance for Historic Landscape Preservation - Annual Meeting
ABOUT US |
© HALS Northern California Chapter 2013