Welcome to the website of the Northern California Chapter of the Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS).
We hope this website promotes the documentation, preservation, and enjoyment of historic landscapes in California.
If you are seriously interested in historic landscapes, please join us and get involved.
- The World War I Centennial Commission has opened its design competition for a national World War I Memorial on the National Mall.
The deadline for Stage 1 entries is July 21.
- Heritage Documentation Programs has a new e-mail address. Please direct requests for HABS/HAER/HALS numbers and all other inquiries about completing documentation to email@example.com
- Friday, July 17, China Camp State Park
Todd Croteau, from Washington, DC NPS, and his crew will laser scan the site for measured drawings.
If you would like to see how this is done, RSVP to Chris Pattillo at PGAdesign.
- Tuesday, August 18, 6PM, Oakland
HALS Northern California Chapter - Quarterly Meeting
- Friday-Sunday, October 2-4, Balboa Park, San Diego
CGLHS - Conference
- Saturday, October 17, Marsh Creek State Park, Brentwood
John Marsh Historic Trust - Heritage Day
ABOUT US |
© HALS Northern California Chapter 2013